I've slowly been renovating my diet over the last few months, replacing one meal at a time with something healthy, organic, unprocessed, and/or low in sugar. I also make and plan almost all meals at the beginning of the week to eliminate the emergency Hardee's trips due to unpreparedness. (that $5 big bag tho!)
This also keeps my grocery bill to $20-$30 per week. (yes, cooking for one #foreveralone #mycatsfoodbillishigher)
This week, for example, I'll have:
Breakfast: organic cereal and unsweetened almond milk
10am snack: tea
Lunch: grilled chickens and black beans
2pm snack: Chobani flip (this is the one thing I haven't replaced yet because I love it and it's my treat)
4pm snack: hummus and carrots
Dinner: vegetable quiche (our featured recipe)
I can't say I've noticed many changes in my body. I haven't lost weight and I mostly feel the same. But hopefully eating mindfully will help me live long, prosper, avoid the doctor, etc. and such as.
It's also nice to have more control over my diet, and theoretically, my willpower (although that's not always the case). Even though tbh I'm trying to relinquish control in ALL other areas of my life so maybe I should just eat whatever the F I want too!
Anyways, the quiche...the reason we are here...is really delicious, and it's only about 200 calories per slice or 1/8 of the pie. You can put in whatever vegetables you like, but the radishes look good, right?! Enjoy!
1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Salt + pepper
Parmesan cheese (optional)
2 slices peppered bacon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Unroll the pre-made pie crust into your pie pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
3. While the crust is baking, lightly whip your eggs with the almond milk. Generously season with salt and pepper.
4. Chop your desired veggies and add to egg mixture.
5. Julienne the radishes.
6. Fill the partially baked crust with your egg mixture, and top with the sliced radishes.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Check periodically because you may need to cover the crust edges with foil near the end.
8. Fry up the bacon while quiche is cooking. Then, chop into small pieces.
9. Top fully baked quiche with parmesan cheese and pieces of bacon.